Mobile Communications: Technology and QoS
Spring Semester (Frühjahrssemester)
Dr.-Ing. Marc Kuhn
Thursday 08.00 - 12.00; LFW C 4
Introduction to mobile wireless communications, PHY layer technologies and MAC layer schemes; understanding QoS support in wireless networks, QoS measurements and their evaluation in cellular networks.
Based on an introduction to wireless communications, the lecture covers: cellular systems, PHY technologies, MAC schemes, mechanisms supporting QoS in wireless networks, QoS measurements and evaluation, benchmarking.
- Wireless channel, propagation of electromagnetic waves, antenna structures
- Modulation techniques
- Wireless networks (cellular networks, access networks)
- Wireless standards (e.g. LTE, IEEE 802.11)
- Services in wireless networks
- Quality of service (QoS) in wireless networks (definitions, Key Performance Indicators)
- QoS measurements (e.g. voice quality, coverage, delay) and their statistical evaluation
- Benchmarking (methodology, statistical methods and models)